Thursday 26 July 2012

McLeod Ganj, Dharmsala


Here's some images of McLeod Ganj in Dharmsala (the seat of the Tibbetan government in exile).

There's lots of tourists, and our stay coincided with a month-long Indian holiday. The streets are filled with motorcycle posses, taxis, pedestrians. Everyone who drives honks--all the time. You can't let the honking get to you, or you'd go insane as it just doesn't let up. I have an audio file of the honking while we were eating (which I'll upload when and if I can figure it out).

Driving with centimeters' distance between vehicles
Daily traffic jams of people, tuk tuks, cars, cows, dogs, and motorcycles

Tekla and her friend, in the nun's room
Migma our fabulous guide, his very sweet daughter Rose, and the ever present Hagrid at the Tibetan Children's Village, a boarding school for orphans and Tibetan children

Chilled out dogs

Two of the twelve women police officers in McLeod Ganj


Navnit and Hagrid at Dal lake
Sign at Dal lake: THANK YOU INDIA, Tibetan Community
Sign by the shoe rack at the temple

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog and I really liked it. I have to say it is very well written. I too have a blog on fun food and travel, and I would love be a guest blogger for you. So, contact me ashwin@cheapoair .com if you are interested.

    Ashwin

    ReplyDelete